Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey by Trenton Lee Stewart

It's been a year since I read (and listened) to the first book in this series. I thoroughly enjoyed the first book in this series. I have a fondness for high ability students and when I was younger always wanted to be the Nancy Drew of my neighborhood. Being smart and bold enough to solve mysteries.

This book continues the adventures of our whip-smart adventurers in order to save their closest ally, Mr. Benedict. All of the kids have grown up and finally found homes, but they still remain kids and face fears that typical kids do.

This book is full of heart and adventure with touching moments and scary events. I think I even enjoyed this book more than the first since the characters seem to have even more depth and emotional connection than the first. You can even read this book without reading the first one and still highly enjoy it!

This gets a starred review from me!

No comments: